The Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences is always busy! Read all our latest news and upcoming events here.
- Unsilencing Black Voices/DouglassWeek written collaboration – Call for Contributions - #DouglassWeek, which will take place from 8th – 14th of February 2021, will be an all-island collaborative event series that celebrates Frederick Douglass’s visit to Ireland in 1845-1846. During Douglass’s visit to Ireland, he lectured to packed audiences, met with Daniel O’Connell (a major inspiration for his activism against slavery), and reflected upon the devastating effects of the famine then beginning… Continue reading Unsilencing Black Voices/DouglassWeek written collaboration – Call for Contributions
- IRC 2021 - The Irish Research Council offer Government of Ireland Scholarships for postgraduate students who wish to pursue a research Masters or PhD (either traditional or structured), in any discipline at eligible higher education institutions in Ireland. The scholarships offered comprise of: a stipend of €16,000 per annum a contribution to fees, including non-EU fees, up to… Continue reading IRC 2021
- Athena SWAN Bronze Award for AHSS - The Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences at the University of Limerick has been conferred with a Bronze Athena SWAN award. The award recognizes the Faculty’s commitment to advancing gender equality, representation, progression and success for both staff and students. The award is valid until April 2024. The Faculty is committed to implementing a… Continue reading Athena SWAN Bronze Award for AHSS
- Call for Faculty Funding for Conference and Fieldwork 2020/2021 - The 2020 AHSS Faculty Research Support Scheme invites applications to support research development. Applications from early career faculty members are particularly encouraged. Completed applications should be submitted by 5pm Thursday 12 March 2020. For further details and application form, please contact Dr. Niamh Lenahan, Niamh.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call for Postgraduate Funding for Conferences and Fieldwork 2020/2021 - AHSS Postgraduate Researchers can apply for conference expenses AND fieldwork/ archival research. Completed applications should be submitted by 5pm Thursday 5 March 2020. For further details and application form, please contact Dr. Niamh Lenahan Niamh.Lenahan@ul.ie